The 10 Beers You Drink in College

As my time as a college student comes to an end, I have been reflecting upon all of my experiences the past four years and the things that I have learned. This ranges from lessons in the classroom, to learning how to support yourself in the world as an adult. But, after countless nights in the library and sitting behind a desk doing work, I learned that there’s nothing like drinking an ice-cold beer at the end of the day. And since nobody wants to read another story about life lessons somebody learned in college as they prepare to graduate, I present my 10 favorite beers I have had since coming to Seattle University.

1. Modelo: A beer that can be enjoyed anytime, year round. It’s great with some lime on a hot day.
  2. Left Hand Brewing Nitro Milk Stout: The cold winters in Seattle are the perfect setting for a stout. This creamy beer will warm your belly when the sun is setting at 4 p.m.
  3. Outlander Chili Amber Ale: This beer is amazing, but I was only able to have it once as the small Outlander Brewery in Fremont frequently rotates their selection.
  4. Georgetown Manny’s Pale Ale: This is a Seattle classic, available on tap at most bars and a cheaper, but not PBR cheap, option.
  5. Pyramid Outburst Imperial IPA: This beer gives you some bang for your buck with an 8.5% ABV.
  6. Bear Republic Racer 5 IPA: A citrusy, hoppy beer. This is one of my favorites, but I can only seem to find it in 22 oz bottles, making it great to split with a friend on a day by the lake.
  7. Rainier: No description needed.
  8. Deschutes Hopzeit Autumn IPA: Only available in the fall, this beer comes and goes too fast. It is one of the tastiest beers that has graced my taste buds.
  9. Lagunitas A Lil’ Sumpin’ Sumpin’ Ale: This beer has been with me through thick and thin. It’s my go to from one of my favorite breweries.
  10. Fremont Summer Ale: This gets my top spot because it is both delicious, and its return to the stores means that it is summer time in Seattle and the sun is out. Once the clouds disappear for a few months, this tasty beverage is a refreshing choice.

Willy Goldstein, Sports Editor

1