The 12 Yard Line

The game was a little closer than many had anticipated, but the Seahawks got the job done on Monday night against the Washington Redskins with a 27-17 victory.

Seattle started off strong, scoring on their first drive in just about two and a half minutes­—making everything look easy. Russell Wilson ran the ball himself a few times and threw a touchdown pass to Jermaine Kearse. Scoring didn’t come as easy the rest of the game, but the Seahawks continued to make some big plays.

Wilson had one of the best games of his career as he not only passed for over 200 yards and two touchdowns, but he also ran the ball for 122 yards and a touchdown. Anyone that played Wilson in fantasy football last week, I applaud you.

Percy Harvin also played an amazing game, except it unfortunately didn’t really count. Harvin got into the endzone three times but all three touchdowns were negated by penalties. He finished the game with a mediocre stat line.

Worth noting: The Seahawks punter, Jon Ryan, had more rushing yards this week than Adrian Peterson! Also the Seahawks are now tied with Arizona at the top of the NFC West with a 3-1 record.

Up Next: The Dallas Cowboys will be coming to town this Sunday for what should be an exciting game. Dallas has surprisingly started off their season with a 4-1 record, tied for the best record in the league. Still, I am not convinced they will be able to take down the Seahawks, especially at Century Link Field.

Anyone else remember the playoff game in 2007 when Romo fumbled the snap on what should have been a game winning field goal to ensure the Seahawks victory? Ah, good times. I don’t think that will happen again but I wouldn’t be surprised to see Romo throw a couple picks.

Score prediction: Seahawks 24 Cowboys 14.

Harrison can be contacted at [email protected]