The 12 Yard Line

Welcome back Seahawk fans to the second edition of The 12 Yard Line. As you may have noticed, the Seahawks did not play a game this weekend as they were on a bye week. On the bright side, this means they will be playing every weekend from here on out through the remainder of the season.

Over this weekend, there wasn’t too much action going on in the NFC West as Seattle, Arizona, and St. Louis all had a week off.

The Arizona Cardinals still sit on top of the division at an undefeated record of 3-0, followed by the 2-1 Seahawks. The San Francisco 49ers managed to move up to 2-2 on Sunday with a dramatic win over the then-undefeated Philadelphia Eagles.
As we look ahead to this weekend, the Seahawks will be playing Monday Night Football against the Washington Redskins.

This game was most likely selected for prime time due to the intriguing matchup between quarterbacks Russell Wilson and Robert Griffin III, but it looks like RG3 will be gone the rest of the season once again. You definitely have to feel bad for the guy. After an amazing rookie campaign, RG3’s career has been soured by injuries, and there doesn’t appear to be any reason Kirk Cousins couldn’t take over his job. Until this last weekend, that is. The Redskins were embarrassed last Thursday in a primetime game against Eli Manning and the New York Giants in a 45-14 demolition on the Redskins home field. With the defending champions coming to town after a week of rest, the beat-up Redskins may be in for another rough outing. Maybe another lopsided defeat will convince the organization to make some changes—perhaps their name? Seriously, that needs to happen.

Score Prediction: Seahawks 27 Redskins 10.