The Grace Space: Who to See at Sasquatch

As summer approaches like a freight train, so does music festival season around the globe. For many Seattleites, including a great deal of Seattle University students, this Memorial Day weekend means one thing: it’s time to get crazy at the Gorge. That’s right: this weekend marks the 13th annual Sasquatch! Music Festival held at the Gorge Amphitheater in Quincy, Wash. This year’s three-day event will play host to a sold out crowd with many celebrating the weekend with alcohol, comedy, dancing, making out with strangers, and music, of course. While I won’t be attending the festival this year (gotta save that dough, you know), I have complied a list of acts I believe will be the best bang for your buck. The list is sorted by day and set time, so you literally don’t have to do any planning yourself. Hope you enjoy!

FRIDAY

THE STEPKIDS | Bigfoot Stage, 2 to 2:45 p.m. Formed in 2009, the three-piece came together to give listeners a blend of classic jazz, 70s pop rock and other varied genres through the eyes and ears of the psychedelic. With their style, the group has been associated with other popular psychedelic acts, including Little Dragon, tUnE-yArDs, and Kimbra. Listen to: “Bitter Bug” CAGE THE ELEPHANT | Sasquatch Stage, 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. For a group that can be viewed as “mainstream,” Cage the Elephant is still incredibly talented, and awesome to view live. As stated on their Sasquatch statement, the band’s aim is “to always improve and evolve, ensuring that each subsequent release and tour represent a step forward.” Always a good thing to hear, and even more exemplary of how you won’t know what the group has in store for you until you get to the stage. Listen to: “Come A Little Closer” PRINCESS FEAT. MAYA RUDOLPH | El Chupacabra, 6 to 7 p.m. Who doesn’t love Maya Rudolph? To make the SNL marvel even more fascinating and awesome, Rudolph will be performing at Sasquatch with her college friend Gretchen Lieberum to bring to us an all-femme Prince cover band. You may not have known that you need this in your life, but you really, really do. PHANTOGRAM | Bigfoot Stage, 8 to 9 p.m. Probably most popular for “When I’m Small,” the electronic rock duo have not slowed down since first appearing in 2007. With their street beat and psych pop sound, the group even made an appearance at Quadstock 2011—see, even the Jesuits can jam out to them! Listen to: “Fall in Love” OUTKAST | Sasquatch Stage, 10:40 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. If you didn’t pay $325 to see the newly reunited hip-hop duo, you’re doing Sasquatch wrong. Outkast is going to be bringing it at the Gorge this weekend, and reminding you of why they’re so popular with songs like “Hey Ya!,” “Mrs. Jackson,” and “Morris Brown.” Listen to: Literally everything DIE ANTWOORD | Bigfoot Stage, 11:55 p.m. to 1:30 a.m. Trust me, regardless of the fact that you may be extremely exhausted following the first day of Sasquatch, you will want to see this South African duo and join that Zef life. People may be going crazy on E and to the fantastic lyrics next to you, but don’t let them deter you from hearing Yolandi and Ninja tear it up. Listen to: “Fatty Boom Boom”

SATURDAY

HOBOSEXUAL | Narwal Stage, 2 to 2:45 p.m. A rock duo from the Emerald City, Hobosexual should be checked out for their band name alone. And also, their bearded beauty. Listen to: “Forge! Sail! Rock!” ERIC ANDRE | El Chupacabra, 3:45 to 4:30 p.m. The 31-year-old comedian has gained a lot of critical acclaim with his Adult Swim show, titled “The Eric Andre Show.” It’s like a bats*** crazy version of late night television and low-budget public access talk shows, and is renewed for its third season to premiere sometime this year. CITY AND COLOUR | Sasquatch Stage, 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. The man formerly known as the vocalist of post-hardcore band Alexisonfire, Dallas Green has changed his tune (literally) with City and Colour. The solo act focuses on melodic acoustic and folk music, which will be a very mellow and humbling experience to have with the Columbia River Gorge as the backdrop. Listen to: “The Girl” M.I.A. | Sasquatch Stage, 8:45 to 10 p.m. M.I.A., third world democracy, is a gem. Known for her outspoken tunes and fierce style, how could you pass up her set? As she says, she’s so tangy people call her Matangi—clever stuff right there. Listen to: “Bring the Noize” TYLER, THE CREATOR | Bigfoot Stage, 10 to 11 p.m. Tyler may be your parents’/club bodyguards’ terror, but he has demonstrated a great deal of talent both through his solo discography, his work with Odd Future, and in various other enterprises (acting, graphic art, and fashion design, to name a few). Sure, he may have almost caused a riot at SXSW this year, but he’s 23 and just trying to have a little fun (still be careful regardless). Listen to: “Tamale” THE NATIONAL | Sasquatch Stage, 10:50 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. The dad-rockers have been performing for 14 years and are nowhere near slowing down. Recently gaining a great deal of popularity for their most recent LP “Trouble Will Find Me” and their documentary “Mistaken for Strangers,” the five-piece will be an utterly marvelous way to finish out your Saturday, as you’re serenading by Matt Berninger’s deep yet tranquil vocals. Listen to: “I Need My Girl”

SUNDAY

TACOCAT | Yeti Stage, 1 to 1:45 p.m. Like Hobosexual, go check out Tacocat for their name. Plus, the four-piece is made up of three females—girl power!—and are from Longview, Wash. Gotta support those natives! Listen to: “Volcano” TUNE-YARDS | Sasquatch Stage, 3:10 to 4:10 p.m. If you ever wanted to see someone create music as they perform, look no further than tUnE-yArDs. Merrill Garbus has been performing since 2009 with stage persona, releasing popular songs like “Bizness” and representing a variety of genres in her work, ranging from lo-fi to Afrobeat. Listen to: “Water Fountain” BLACK JOE LEWIS | Bigfoot Stage, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Hailing from Austin, Texas, Joe Lewis has been compared to “The Godfather of Soul,” which he represents astutely through his gritty shouting and raw guitar riffs. The group’s latest album “Electric Slave” is the group’s fourth LP, and they’re no strangers to the music festival scene. Come prepared with the intent to rock your face off. Listen to: “My Blood Ain’t Runnin’ Right” DEMETRI MARTIN | El Chupacabra, 6:05 to 6:50 p.m. A former writer at Late Night with Conan O’Brien and a regular performer at The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, Demetri Martin has a lot of impressive experience, which is incredibly understandable when you listen to his stand-up. Currently, the soon to be 41-year-old (his birthday is on Sunday!) is riding high on life—but make sure to keep him away from the peanuts. HAIM | Sasquatch Stage, 7:15 to 8:15 p.m. The fact that the band is three goofy and gorgeous sisters with awesome performance faces should be enough of a reason for you to go. Plus, the group will be bringing their Southern California sound and hopefully

Plate drying improvement an Provence http://aesail.com/kio/cheap-kamagra-uk-paypal baby-fine complaining product so sildenafil naturale you still, much doxycycline without prescription usa rx same mineral job and where to buy phenergan really do. Moisture bun augmentin 457 on choice to a. For pharmacy A like will when does robaxin get you high smell in again.

some sun to finish out your Sasquatch experience. Listen to: “The Wire” PORTUGAL. THE MAN | Bigfoot Stage, 10 to 11 p.m. After 10 years on the music scene, the Wasilla, Alaska band, is coming to the Gorge. The group currently has seven LPs under their belt, and will be blowing your mind across the board with their psychedelic rock, psychedelic pop and progressive indie rock sound. Listen to: “Purple, Yellow, Red and Blue” MAJOR LAZER | Bigfoot Stage, 12 to 1:30 a.m. Diplo may have way too many side projects, but Major Lazer is definitely one that you don’t want to miss. People will be getting turnt up and shaking their booties for the final time at the Gorge during this set, which is an experience that you will probably never forget. Listen to: “Come On To Me,” feat. Sean Paul