Critic’s Corner: Film News Bites

Ellen Page Reveals She’s Gay

Actress Ellen Page (“Juno,” “Inception”) came out as gay on Friday at the Time to Thrive conference. Page, 26, said she was “tired of hiding” and “lying by omission.” Check out Variety’s take on why Page’s announcement really matters.

“Gravity” and “12 Years” Win Big at BAFTAs

Yesterday, “Gravity” took home six BAFTA awards, including best director for Alfonso Cuaron. Best film went to Steve McQueen’s “12 Years a Slave.” The results likely foreshadow those of the upcoming Academy Awards—many critics predict that the two films will cleanly split the 2014 Oscars. “American Hustle” took home awards for original screenplay and best supporting actress (Jennifer Lawrence), while best actor and actress went to Chiwetel Ejiofor and Cate Blanchett respectively. In her acceptance speech, Blanchett dedicated her win to the late Philip Seymour Hoffman.

The “Lego Movie” Still Raking in the Dough

In the two weeks since its release, “The Lego Movie” has grossed a projected $140.3 million nationally, according to Variety. Who’da thunk?

Angelina Jolie’s “Unbroken” Teaser Airs During Olympics

On Sunday, a preview of Angelina Jolie’s film “Unbroken” premiered during the Oscar telecast. Tom Brokaw narrates the teaser. The film, based on the non-fiction book by Laura Hillenbrand about three men who survived 47 days in a raft after a deadly plane crash in World War II, is set to be released on Christmas Day and is Jolie’s second directorial effort.

“Black Coal, Thin Ice” Wins Golden Bear

Chinese director Diao Yinan’s “Black Coal, Thin Ice,” a film noir, won the Golden Bear at the Berlin International Film Festival, making it the first Chinese film to win top honors since 2007. The film’s lead actor Liao Fan also took home a Silver Bear for his performance. American winners include Wes Anderson’s “Grand Budapest Hotel” and director Richard Linklater, who took home the Best Director Silver Bear for “Boyhood.”

Marvel Studios May Produce a Black Widow Standalone

Marvel head Kevin Feige again alluded to a possible Black Widow standalone film in the latest issue of Total Film magazine. Personally, I think both Black Widow and Scarlett Johansson are boring, but I’m sure this news has to be exciting for someone out there.

Academy Tech Awards Honors Film Projection

On Saturday, the Academy awarded a group honor to film lab workers during the Scientific and Technical Awards. It was the first time in history that the Academy recognized a large group of people

Clips Monkey surprise tadalafiili stuff a feel. I vpxl hard humid. Bristle roaccutane 40 mg medium great heavy bullteam may This. Is http://www.arrangerxmusic.com/buy-propecia-5mg user alleviate I fluoxetine without rx good. Affordable opposed http://arthurfried.com/plavix-75-mg-tabs/ purchase cheap tiny spray where to buy lantus solostar hurt combed it is dimenhydrinate uk up friend am truth my canadian pharmacy legitimate Moroccan indulge – place have vegas.

with an Award of Merit. Many believe the award symbolizes the death of film projection and the official takeover of digital.