Bows Before Bros: Springing Forward with Fashion

I don’t know about you, but after getting what I wanted out of winter—the snow, and playing in it—I’m ready to burn all my sweaters.

That’s right, I’m ready to peel off the multiple layers of coats on cardigans on sweaters because I’m ready to say hello to spring.

I’m ready to wear my dresses and skirts without having to wear tights. I’m ready to wear light, dainty clothes bursting with vibrant colors and pretty florals. I’m ready to bust out my sunglasses because look, you see that in the sky? That is actually the sun and it is shining, wow.

Although spring does not technically begin until next month, I just can’t wait. I’m already thinking of days when I can stop bracing myself for the cold before stepping out the door.

Perhaps I can’t walk out in shorts just yet, but I can start to muse and wear some spring-themed clothing.

Who’s with me?

Here are the top picks of what I’m looking forward to wearing in the spring (and starting now).

Florals

It’s never a wrong time to wear florals, but this is popular especially in the springtime.

Kimono-styled cover ups

These Kimono-styled cover ups are perfect for adding dimension to an outfit. It’s also a great alternative to a cardigan, which can probably be too hot for springtime in some situations. Depending on what you wear it over, it can be worn casually or during a night out with friends.

Lace

Lace is popular year-round, but I like the assortment of the white-colored lace clothing in the springtime. The dresses especially can be so boho-chic paired with cute ankle boots and a floppy hat. It reminds me of music festivals and other happy things.

Pastels

In the dead of winter, you might get funny looks for fashion snobs if you wear pastels and bright colors while everyone else is working off a gray/dark red/lumberjack printed color palette. But pastels are perfect for spring—happy, bright colors that reflect the new season.

Sunglasses

I will never stop being a fan of the oversized sunglass look. I especially like the oversized Ray Ban variations and round glasses. Use them so your body doesn’t get shocked from the sudden appearance of the sun and to look fab at the same time.