Balls Out: 2014 Winter Olympics Schedule

Even though the Olympics are in East-Jesus-nowhere and a lot of us on-campus might not have TV’s to access them—disregarding the 4 inch by 4 inch flat screens in the lounges—they are occurring. Here is a schedule of the events going down this week in case you manage to stop studying to take a look.

Monday

Starting at 10 a.m., the morning coverage will consist of women’s luge, a ski-jumping training session, and freestyle skiing slopestyle. U.S. Erin Hamelin—a three time Olympian out of New York will be leading the states in the luge. The morning will conclude with curling and hockey.

The first women’s Alpine event will debut Monday night at 8 p.m. in addition to the men’s 1500 and 500 Speed Skating.

Tuesday

Tuesday morning will begin at 10 a.m. with figure skating followed by women’s Ski Jumping and Speed Skating. The night coverage will commence.

Wednesday

If you are nocturnal, you can catch the 2 a.m. qualification round of the women’s curling. If you are looking for something before class, pair Free Skating will be going on at 7:45. Wednesday night will conclude with men’s ski slope style.

Thursday

Thursday during the day hours, only one key event will occur. At 8:15 a.m. the team relay of the luge will take place. Other events such as the luge, short track and speed skating will occur in the middle of the bloody night. So, sorry if you were interested in watching the men’s qualification round of curling.

Friday

New events make their debut on Friday morning with men’s free-skating and women’s aerial qualification round at 5:45 a.m. Skeleton, where contestants shoot face first down a slope with a questionable grade, that will be happening at 4:30 in the morning.

With some unfortunate timing, these may be easy to miss, but, if you are interested in a more detailed schedule, check out NBC.com.